Absolutely Mindy’s Absolute Favorite Music of 2011
We asked our friend Mindy, host of Absolutely Mindy on SiriusXM’s Kids’ Place Live, to share her eleven favorite albums of 2011. In no particular order, we present Mindy’s favorite children’ music from the last year. She even included an extra treat: her favorite “stocking stuffer” single. We hope that you’ll find plenty of music to listen to during car rides and dance parties. To find out more about each album, click on its title to visit iTunes or the artist name to visit their website. Those albums marked with gold medals are Parents’ Choice Gold Award winners!
- Flying! by Recess Monkey
- Mind Of My Own by Frances England
- Sing Along! by Caspar Babypants
- Little Nut Tree by Dan Zanes & Friends
- Love Me For Who I Am by Brady Rymer
- Original Friend by Lunch Money
- Outside My Door by Lori Henriques
- Practically Ridiculous by The Jimmies
- The Bestest of The Best by Dog On Fleas
- Infinity Sock by Gustafer Yellowgold
- Oh Lucky Day by Lucky Diaz & The Family Jam Band
- Best song for a stocking stuffer – “I Think I’m A Bunny” by Todd McHatton, from his album, Galactic Champions of Joy.
To hear all of this music and to enter for a chance to win a great prize pack of Parents’ Choice Award winning toys, CDs, games, and books, listen to Mindy this week on SiriusXM’s channel 78 on weekdays at 3pm. Winning parents will receive products from Klutz (Safety Pin Bracelets and Make a Mummy), ThinkFun (Swish), Gamewright (Knock Your Blocks Off and Gubs), MindWare (Destination USA), Owlkids (My Beastly Book of Twisted Tales and My Beastly Book of Hilarious Heroes), Blue Orange Games (Fastrack), and Ugly Dolls. They’ll also receive Lori Henriques’ Outside My Door and The Jimmies’ Practically Ridiculous, both of which are mentioned in Mindy’s 2011 favorites.
Mindy Thomas is the Program Director of Kids Place Live on SIRIUS/XM Radio, where she also hosts The Absolutely Mindy Show on weekday afternoons. She’s doing exactly what she wanted to do when she grew up. At home, she spends most of her time scraping dried cheerios off the kitchen floor, and enjoying dance parties with her two sticky precious children. www.siriusxm.com/kidsplacelive